About SSC Stenographer exam
SSC Stenographer exam is conducted by the staff selection commission of India to recruit eligible candidates for the posts of Grade C and Grade D stenographers for different central government organizations. The recruitment exam is conducted every year during December. And the staff selection commission of Indian releases the SSC stenographer exam date, notification, vacancies, and Eligibility, etc on its official website http://ssc.nic.in
There are two levels of the examination. They are:
- Computer-based exam
- Skill Test
Candidates who qualify for the computer-based exam will appear for the Skill Test. Furthermore, the candidate who qualifies for the Skill test is selected for the Grade C and Grade D stenographers.
|Purpose||Recruitment of Grade C and D stenographers.|
|Chairman||Sujata Chaturvedi, IAS|
Table of Contents
- About SSC Stenographer exam
- SSC Stenographer Notification/News
- SSC Stenographer Exam Date
- SSC Stenographer Application Fee
- SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria
- SSC Stenographer Vacancies
- How to Apply for SSC Stenographer
- SSC Stenographer Admit card
- SSC Stenographer Exam Syllabus
- SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
- SSC Stenographer Salary
- SSC Stenographer Results
- SSC Stenographer cut off marks
SSC Stenographer Notification/News
The official notification of SSC Stenographer 2022 w1ll released on December 05, 2022, which was delayed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Online Applications are to open for before December 31, 2022. However, according to recent updates the SSC Stenographer exam date, notifications, Vacancies, and Eligibility have been released on the official website http://ssc.nic.in
Below are the Important Details of the SSC Stenographer exam notification for 2022 which was rescheduled:
|SSC Stenographer Notification Date||December 05, 2022|
|SSC Stenographer Online Application Start Date||To be published later|
|SSC Stenographer Online Application Last Date||Decemebr 31, 2022|
|SSC Stenographer Online Fee Payment Last Date||To be published later|
|SSC Stenographer Last Date For Offline Challan Generation||To be published later|
|SSC Stenographer Fee Payment Last Date Through Challan||To be published later|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date||April 2023|
|SSC Stenographer Tier-1 Answer Key Date||To be published later|
|SSC Stenographer Tier 1 Result Date||To be published later|
|SSC Stenographer 2021 Tier 2 Exam Date||To be Published later|
|SSC Stenographer 2021 Tier 2 Result Date||To be published later|
|SSC Stenographer 2021 Final Result Date||To be published later|
SSC Stenographer Exam Date
The Staff selection commission releases exam dates for SSC Stenographer on its official website http://ssc.nic.in this year’s exam Dates is as follows:
|Examination Date||To be Published later|
|Last date of Registration||Decemebr 31, 2022|
SSC Stenographer Application Fee
As per the Staff selection commission, the application fees for the SSC Stenographer examination are Rs 100/- for all categories. And the payment is done online.
|SC/ST/ Ex-servicemen||Rs 100/-|
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria
As per SSC Stenographer Notification 2022, the following eligibility criteria for the exam to are:
A candidate is required to be at least a 12th pass from a recognized Board or University. He/she must be able to produce the required documents when asked for verification after qualifying for the SSC Stenographer Exam.
Candidates must be Indian Citizens or any of the following categories:
– A Subject of Nepal, or
– A Subject of Bhutan, or
– A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to permanently settle in India, or
– A Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India. Provided that these candidates except Indian citizens produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India at the time of appointment.
Age Limit (As of 01st August 2021)
– The candidate must be in the age domain of 18-30 years to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer Grade C exam.
– And he/she must be in the age domain of 18-27 years to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer Grade D exam.
Category Age limit
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||3 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications||40 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications for (SC/ ST)||45 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||35 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST )||40 years|
SSC Stenographer Vacancies
The Vacancy 2022 for Grade C and D SSC Stenographer is given in the tabular form:
|Post name||Vacancies Vacancy(2019-20)|
|Stenographer Grade ‘D’||323|
|Stenographer Grade ‘C’||31|
How to Apply for SSC Stenographer
- Click on the official link http://ssc.nic.in.
- Then click on the link of Apply Link given on the page. A registration link will open up in the new window.
- Click on New Registration in SSC Stenographer 2022 application window. Then click on the register button.
- Candidates need to provide personal credentials like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Click on the submit button to complete the online registration form of SSC Stenographer. All the candidates will be issued a Registration ID for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam. Then, log in with the provided Registration ID, date of birth, and password to complete registration for SSC Stenographer 2022.
- In the next step, upload a photograph and signature following the requisites mentioned by SSC.
- Log in with registered ID and password to fill up Part-2 of the application form of SSC Stenographer.
- After filling up the application form, candidates need to preview the application form of the SSC Stenographer once to verify the entire data entered
- Click on the Final Submit button after verifying the entire online SSC Stenographer application form 2022.
- Candidates can download and get print copies of the submitted application form of SSC Stenographer 2021. Finally, submit the application fee for SSC Stenographer 2022 either via online mode or offline mode of fee payment. A candidate must pay Rs. 100/- as SSC Stenographer 2022 Online Application Fee.
SSC Stenographer Admit card
The admit card of the SSC stenographer is released on the official website and it can be downloaded in the following way:
- Visit the official website of SSC http://ssc.nic.in
- Follow the link ‘download SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2022’
- Enter the details asked such as roll number, date of birth, candidate’s name, etc.
- Post verification of the entered details, click on Submit
- Download the Admit Card if the information mentioned on it is correct.
- Print admit card for further necessary application.
SSC Stenographer Admit card is available on the website 2 weeks before the date of the exam. There is a different SSC Stenographer Admit card for both written examination and skill test. The discrepancies related to the SSC Stenographer Admit card are to be rectified at the Regional centers for different states.
SSC Stenographer Exam Syllabus
For qualifying the SSC Stenographer, you need to know the detailed Syllabus of the SSC Stenographer. The major topics are General Awareness, General Intelligence/Reasoning, and English Language, at which a candidate needs to score well for Paper-1 of the SSC Stenographer 2022 Exam. For Paper-2, i.e. Skill test, the candidate have to write dictated words:
- 80 words per minute (w.p.m.) for the post of Stenographer Grade D, and
- 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade C.
The topics in each Section are:
|General Awareness||English Language and Comprehension||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Current Affairs||Synonyms-Antonyms||Visual Memory|
|Awards and Honors||Sentence Structure||Blood Relation|
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
- SSC Stenographer 2022 will be a computer-based exam having multiple-choice questions.
- The question papers will be set in both English and Hindi (except for the English language section).
- Each question carries 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
SSC Stenographer exam pattern is explained below in detail:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|General English and Intelligence||50||50||Cumulative time duration of 2 Hours|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks||120 Minutes|
SSC Stenographer Salary
The pay scales of the SSC stenographer are as follows:
- Grade C salary generally ranges between Rs 9,300 and Rs 34,800.
- Grade D salary generally ranges between Rs 5,200 and Rs 20,200.
|Specifications||Grade C (In Rs)||Grade D (In Rs)|
|Pay Band||4,200 or 4,600 (Pay Grade 2)||2,400 (Pay grade 1)|
SSC Stenographer Results
The Result of the SSC Stenographer is released on the official website http://ssc.nic.in
- Candidates who pass the written test are eligible to sit for the skill test in SSC Stenographer 2022.
- Post skill test, the Commission releases a Final Merit List or Allotment List on the official website.
- Candidates included in the merit list are recommended for an appointment by the commission.
- They are allocated to User Departments depending upon the merit position and options exercised by them.
SSC Stenographer cut off marks
The SSC Stenographer cut off marks is released on the official website http://ssc.nic.in
Candidates qualified for Skill Test (Stenographer Grade ‘C’)
Candidates qualified for Skill Test (Stenographer Grade ‘D’)